Hungarian Government International Diaspora Scholarships, 2023
The Hungarian Government is inviting applicants to apply for the Hungarian International Diaspora Scholarships Programme to study in Hungary. The grant is available for the academic year 2023-2024
The scholarship program is being held for international students who are residing in a Hungarian Diaspora. They can qualify to win this application if they have undertaken their undergraduate or graduate-level degree studies in any field of their eligible Hungarian institute or university. The Award is likely to cover tuition fees and other unannounced expenses.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Wonderful opportunity to get financial assistance in Hungary.
The Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship is a scholarship program established by the Hungarian Government for students who live in a Hungarian diaspora outside of Europe and want to pursue their higher education at a Hungarian higher education institution to develop their personal, professional and cultural relations to Hungary. It also supports the professional advancement of the scholarship holders with high-quality Hungarian higher education that further helps them support their community once they return to their home country after graduation.
Application Deadline: The deadline to submit an application for this application is 31st January 2023.
- University or Organization: Hungarian Government
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Master’s degree
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hungary.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a higher education degree at a Hungarian university or college of choice.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must apply for admission in an eligible institute.
- The applicants must be members of a Hungarian diaspora living in any country outside of the European Union, the Republic of Serbia or the Zakarpattia Oblast of Ukraine.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be via the university portal of the students‡ respective universities. The application can be made online.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of language
- School certificates and their translation
- Transcripts of records and its translation
- Medical certificate
- Copy of identification document
- Copy of a valid document
- Recommendation letter from a Diaspora Organisation or the Hungarian Diplomatic Representation
- Statement for application
- Research plan
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have academic qualifications relevant to the course or level, of course they wish to apply for and meet any additional requirements of their chosen university.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of their university and also the course they have applied for, if applicable.
The winners of this Hungarian Diaspora Scholarship Program can expect to have their tuition fee covered along with other additional benefits towards their overall expenses.